Your parents announced that your family was moving across the country...
"Ange! Come downstairs! I have some big news!" my dad said as I was upstairs in my room playing Roblox.
"What?" I shouted back. "I am playing Roblox!"
My dad just said, "Just come downstairs and you'll know!"
So I had no choice but to close Roblox, go downstairs, and hear what the "big news" is. When I got to where my dad was, he looked very excited and I wasn't surprised.
My dad said, "Guess what?"
I said with no excitement at all, "What?"
My dad said, "WE ARE MOVING TO NEW YORK!!!!"
I said, "What?! I have to leave this house and all my friends behind and move to some dumb place?!"
Though I knew that was a lie, I did really want to move to New York, its always been where I wanted to live, but now, I don't really think I want to.
My dad said, "You'll love it there! Trust me, you won't regret it."
I said, "Dad, thats not the point! The point is that I have to leave my friends, this house, my lettuce that I planted, and this beautiful backyard behind here! And I have to pack my bags which is technically packing up my whole room!"
My dad said, "Thats true honey, but just trust me, you will like it in New York, please give this a try."
By now, my eyes are filled with tears because I will also have to leave behind all the awesome memories I had with my family and friends in Foster City. Especially living very far away from my best friend that is in fourth grade who is my neighbor. But I really had no choice but to say ok. Cause no matter how hard I try to talk my dad out of this, he won't change his mind. So the next day at school, I said all of my goodbyes and my eyes started to fill up with tears again.
Comments
Post a Comment